Windows 8 Coming on 26th October. Will It Be Successful?
Finally, the wait is over and the much-awaited windows 8 coming on 26th October 2012. It will come with many new features. Before the final launch, Microsoft has already launched some Beta versions of windows 8 like -Windows 8 Consumer Preview, Windows 8 release Preview and Windows 8 RTM the latest.
These versions were launched to test the Operating system for Bugs and also the response from users.Many Bugs were found on all these Beta versions and many people liked whereas many disliked windows 8.Now lots of expectations are there from the original windows 8.It would be Interesting to see How it goes.
What are the Hardware Requirements to Install Windows 8?
The Hardware requirements to install windows 8 will be almost same when compared to the one which was announced earlier on by the Microsoft.These are as follows:
- Processor– 1GHz
- RAM – 1GB for 32-bit and 2GB for 64-bit
- Storage Space– 16 GB for 32-bit and 20 GB for 64-bit
- Graphics Card – Directx 9 with WDDM 1.0 or Higher
- To Use Touch Features, you must have Touch enabled Hardware.
What are the New features of Windows 8?
So many new Features are introduced in Windows 8 so overall you will find many features which was never available in any version of windows.Some important features are as follows:
- Improved Load and Boot Up Speed
- Dynamic Desktop and Metro User Interface
- Improved Search Function
- Tile Based Interface
- Cloud Integration
- Integrated Windows Live
- In-Built PDF Reader
- In-Built ISO Mounting support
- Built-In support for USB 3.0
Will Windows 8 be Successful?
Different People has different thought over this question but as far as I think, Windows 8 will not get popularity like windows 7.It has been a trend of Microsoft to come with new feature in One version of OS and even better with next One. The views of Thurrott is also similar. He says:
Some are too quick to decry Windows 8 as “the next Vista,” a product that for some reason has been universally panned despite outselling its nearest rival, OS X, by a factor of about a hundred. But this comparison is actually apt, just not for the reason you think. Windows 8 is very much like Vista because it represents a sea change, a huge platform bet that will confuse and confound some, even while it sets up Windows for another decade of expansion. Maybe there will be a Windows 9 that will clean up the mess, like Windows 7 cleaned up Vista’s mess. But as I’ve written in the past, if Windows 8 is a mess, and it is, then it’s a wonderful mess.
Some other Expert thinks that it will get only 50% of what it has got with Windows 7. They have some Points for their views. They are :
- Windows 8 is Totally Different – Its positive point can also appear as its negative because most of user doesn’t settle easily with New features.No one can forget, What happened with Windows Vista.
- Disruption is Possible
- Perception Versus Reality -Microsoft has done very well in Advertising Windows 8 and it looks pretty awesome on TV and other Ads but the views of users who have already tried it are different. Lots of bugs are expected as well which can damage the market of Windows 8.
Windows 8 Shipment Forecast
The date of the Release of Windows 8 is not Far Away so just wait for a few days to see, How it works. In meantime, If you face any problem in your windows 8, then ask at Our Windows 8 Forum.
Share your views in the form of comments.